Does Uploadcare support video processing?
Uploadcare supports video processing and transcoding. Video Processing is a default option on any Uploadcare paid plans. The feature is powered by UC REST API: you post a processing job via a request to the API endpoint and get a processed file UUID in a response. Here’s the video processing API endpoint:
Currently, we support the following video operations:
- Resizing a video to fit into the specified dimensions. You can also specify the video width alone to preserve its aspect ratio.
- Adjusting Quality: setting the level of video quality that affects file sizes and hence loading times and volumes of generated traffic.
- Controlling output video format : converting files to one of the HTML5 video formats: webm, ogg, mp4.
- Creating a given number of thumbnails for your video.
- Cutting out a video clip from the video.
We charge for video conversions separately:
- The conversion costs 0.045 USD per minute of your output video. If you apply multiple operations to a single video, we will charge you by the duration of your outputs.
- The converted outputs are put to your Uploadcare account; this affects your storage limits: you can estimate the volume of needed storage by considering average conversion ratios for supported formats.
- Each conversion operation takes one upload unit. Video Processing operations are applied externally, so we upload an output to your account once it is generated.
- When applying Video Processing operations, your traffic limits are left intact.
If you want to get the docs draft, drop us a line.