Setting up Custom CNAME
- Pick a domain name that you want to use (e.g.
cdn.mydomain.com) and let us know of your choice.
- We issue an SSL certificate on our end, and you don't need to provide your own one.
- Add a CNAME record to your DNS zone, e.g.:
cdn CNAME mycompany.ucarecdn.com.
- Once everything is set up and DNS changes propagate, you will need to use new URLs with your domain name:
- Configure your widgets to return proper URLs. E.g.:
UPLOADCARE_CDN_BASE = cdn.mydomain.com;
- Replace hostname in URLs of already uploaded files served by your app. We recommend having an easily configurable setting over hard coding hostname of your URLs.