How do I fix "Can't upload" error?
You are here because you saw that frustrating "Can't upload" message on your screen.
Let’s find the cause of the message. We will give you a list of things to check in order to avoid common mistakes our users make:
- Free plan requires account verification before uploading non-image files. Images include following extensions:
MPO. If you are uploading any other file type you will need to attach payment information to your account. We will not charge you. We use it for verification purposes only.
- Free plan has hard limits on uploads and storage - you can see your remaining upload units and other limits in your dashboard. Once you hit the limit, your uploads are paused for the remainder of usage month.
- Each of our plans have limits on sizes of the files. Please check that your file is not exceeding the limits.
- Check if you are able to upload the file using the widget on our main site https://uploadcare.com/widget/configure/. Were you able to do that? If not, what does it say?
- Check "Signed uploads" option - if you are not sure what it is, just disable it (see the pic below)
- Sometimes it is convenient to upload a file through the URL. Check that URL is correct and the file is publicly available - you should be able to open the URL using "Incognito mode" of your browser.
Open "Developer tools" (Ctrl + Shift + C for Chrome) in your browser and you will find a tab with a network activity. Repeat your file upload and find the line:
/upload/base/?jsonerrors=1 click on it and you'll further see the reason of the disaster:
If you are receiving error messages not covered in this guide you can always check with our support. Your report should be as detailed as possible - your action sequence, information about the file, console messages, any other information that might help us to know more about your setup.